Diesel Electric Dual Fuel LNG DE21
The K-Sim Engine Diesel Electric Dual Fuel LNG DE21model is based on a Diesel Electric Dual Fuel Engine Room configuration from a modern liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier with two synchronous propulsion motors, geared down to one propeller. Each propulsion motor has two separate three phase winding which enables“half motor” operation. The vessel is fitted with one fixed pitch propeller.
The power plant consists of a 6.6kV system, fed by 4 Wärtsilä Dual Fuel mediumspeed generators. The engines can operate on LNG, MDO and HFO.
The control and automation systems include sophisticated power management,gas management pump control and propulsion control systems. The steam plantincludes two large oil fired boilers and feed water system. Control room operatorpanels as well as bridge and steering panels are included.
The K-Sim Engine Diesel Electric Dual Fuel LNG DE21model model is designed to be avaluable tool in the basic and advanced training of marine engineers. The trainingobjectives are to train junior engineers in basic engine room operations, seniorengineers in emergency operations and trouble shooting, and to train senior andchief engineers in optimal operation, fuel economy and energy conservation. This isachieved by controlled training, leading to better understanding of the total plantoperation, as a result of realistic simulation of a real engine room.
Compliant with industry requirements
Kongsberg Digital simulator models exceed requirements in the STCW convention, Regulation 1/12 and fulfill DNV GL’s standard DNVGL-ST-0033 for MaritimeSimulator Systems.
MODEL MAIN SPECIFICATIONS
High fidelity engine room systems include:
- Sea & LT/HT fresh water systems, incl. FW generators
- Electrical Power plant, incl. 6.6kV, 440V & 220V switchboards
- Start and service air compressors
- Steam Plant
- Boil off gas system
- Dual Fuel engines
- Gas management system
- Power management system
- Diesel and heavy fuel oil systems, incl. bunker, settling and service tanks, separators
- Fuel oil supply systems, incl. viscometers
- Lubricating oil systemsm incl. LO purifier
- Stern tube systems
- Steering gear/autopilot systems, incl. double acting IMO type steering gear. Autopilot
- Propulsion control system, incl. Bridge, ECR and local control
- Propulsion power drive system incl. Transformers, freq. converters and excitation
- Propulsion motor cooling system, incl. Sea & FW system
- Main bilge system
- Bilge & sludge system, incl. Bilge separator
- Ballast system, incl. Heeling system
- Fire main & sprinkler system
- Deck Machinery
Note: Specifications subject to change without any further notice