OPERATOR TRAINING SIMULATOR
Train control room operators in a realistic and safe environment
Realistic training in a safe environment
Process start-up and familiarization
Connected to and controlled by an identical copy of the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) used for the specific plant
The K-Spice Operator Training Simulator trains the process operators on how to operate the process in all operational modes in a realistic and safe environment. The dynamic process model is connected to and controlled by an identical copy of the Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) used for the specific plant. It will familiarize the operators in how to use the Operator Station interface together with the operational procedures.
The instructor can activate realistic operational scenarios using the K-Spice Exercise Manager Module and assess the operator actions and then evaluate the result of the training. The reports are useful input to the competence mapping of the operational team and it will highlight the improvement areas for future training sessions.
The assessment tool also enables the instructor to quantitatively grade the operators based on their performance in a consistent and objective way. The system can monitor any value or status in the model and give or take away points based on a defined range. It grades the order in which actions are done making it useful for procedure validation. K-Spice Train can also set malfunctions based on time or trigger events defined in the training scenario.
Features and Benefits
Features and benefits
- Realistic training in a safe environment
- Process startup
- Process familiarization
- Emergency response training
- Control system training
- Refresh course
- Assessment evaluation tool (Exercise Manager)- allows the instruc-tor to quantitatively grade the outcome of the training session- reward or deduct points based on the amount of time a value is out of bounds - trigger events in K-Spice (malfunction, leak, failure, etc.) and deduct or reward points based on the type and/or speed of response from the operator
- K-Spice ® Dynamic process simulation tool developed by KONGSBERG
- LedaFlow ®Advanced transient multiphase flow simulator developed and owned by Total, ConocoPhillips, SINTEF and KONGSBERG.
- Kognifai ®K-Spice and LedaFlow engines available through Kognifai - KONGSBERG’s next generation digital platform.
- OPC DA Communication Link:
- Transfer operating commands from plant to model control system
- Exercise Manager
- Trigger of events and evaluation of course participants
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next-generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil and gas, and renewables and utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within the internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, maritime simulation, automation and autonomous operations.