Perform virtual flow and investigate Well Performance
K-Spice Meter is a highly accurate Virtual Flow Metering System which utilizes historical data, dynamic physical models of the Wells and advanced machine learning algorithms to provide oil/condensate, water and gas flows from each well. By utilizing both machine learning and dynamic physical models it provides an extremely fast and robust solution:
Provides multi-phase flow calculation per well
Detection of gas or water breakthrough in the wells
Reliable subsea multiphase metering per well based on high fidelity flow assurance model
This gives an unique insight into how the system performs and allows the user to see how the system performs during transient situations. It is a supplement to advanced multiphase flow meters and can also be an alternative
The dynamic model used in K-Spice Meter is LedaFlow which is an advanced transient multiphase flow simulator. The LedaFlow model is synchronized in real time using control signals from the field, e.g. when a valve is opened in the field, the same valve will open in the model. The machine learning model will be based on transmitter values and choke positions which will provide accurate flows for the 3 phases.
The system is based on the availability of:
- Downhole gauge (Pressure and Temperature)
- Wellhead gauge (Pressure and Temperature)
- Choke position
- Well inflow performance relationship (Optional)
- Gas Oil Ratio / Condensate Gas Ratio (Optional)*
- Water Cut Optional)
*One is required. For more accurate results GOR/CGR is recommended input for condensate wells and WC for oil wells. If neither can be provided Total liquid rate will be provided.
If downhole gauge or wellhead gauge is missing, it can be replaced with any of the optional inputs, or accept a decrease in system accuracy.
Features and benefits
Features and Benefits
- Provides multi-phase flow calculation per well
- Detection of gas or water breakthrough in the wells
- Reliable subsea multiphase metering per well based on high fidelity flow assurance model
- An alternative to physical subsea meters which are typically very expensive and unreliable
- Installation and main-tenance of such systems is much simpler than for physical meters
- OPC(UA) HDA Communica-tion Link: Link between the online simulator and the plant historian
- OPC(UA) DA Communication Link: Transfer operating commands from plant to model control system
- K-Spice ® Dynamic process simulation tool developed by KONGSBERG
- LedaFlow ®Advanced transient multiphase flow simulator developed and owned by Total, ConocoPhillips, SINTEF and KONGSBERG.
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next-generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil and gas, and renewables and utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within the internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, maritime simulation, automation and autonomous operations.