An exciting opportunity has arisen as Workshop Technician with our Service Workshop team in Ulsteinvik, Kongsberg Maritime. You will work with all types of repair and overhaul that come into our Workshop. In this role, you should both be committed, service-minded and collaborative. As part of our Service Workshop team, you will experience a hectic, but positive work environment.
Craft a sustainable future. Protechting People and Planet shapes our processes.
- Contribute to deliver according to our customers’ expectations, at the right time and cost
- Overhaul thrusters, such as disassemble, clean, inspect, assembly and test
- Report according to standard forms and procedures
- Continuous focus on safety and quality
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate of apprenticeship
- Preferably experience with similar production
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian
- IT skills and knowledge
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer flexible working hours
- Social welfare club with social and recreational activities
Point of contact
Kåre Longva, Service Workshop Manager, +4748071436
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 3000 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet