Workshop Engineer (Electrical/Electronic)
Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for positioning, navigation and automation to various vessels and offshore installations, as well as products and systems for seabed surveying and monitoring.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Engineer to join the Kongsberg Rental team. In this role you will contribute to rental & service workshop operations, responsible for providing effective technical support covering a vast range of instrumentation, electronic systems and products, such as;
- Topside Positioning and Referencing Systems (e.g. Seapath, RADius)
- Underwater Mapping Sonars (e.g. EM2040 Multibeam)
- Underwater Positioning & Communications (e.g. cNODE, HiPAP)
- Carry out routine maintenance and testing on the full range of products within the Rental Pool.
- Fault-find, diagnose and conduct suitable repairs on either Kongsberg Rental or customer owned equipment.
- Prepare and configure hardware as required to meet rental project specifications.
- Prepare software and network configurations as required to meet rental project specifications.
- Provide technical assistance on rental products to customers & colleagues by telephone, email and site visits.
- Regularly liaise with customers and colleagues globally in support of operations.
- Carry out off-site/vessel installation and commissioning of rental products when necessary.
- Produce detailed service reports, maintain relevant documentation and update various IT systems in support of rental & service projects.
- Assist with workshop facility maintenance and monitoring tasks.
- Undertake training as necessary to develop and maintain industry and technical knowledge of product portfolio.
- Contribute towards effective team working and communication both internally and externally.
- Work in accordance with Kongsberg Processes and company procedures, reporting any issues and suggesting improvements if required.
- Promote and demonstrate a high standard of good health and safety practice for self and others.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum HNC level in a relevant engineering related discipline
- Minimum 2 years work experience in practical engineering role
- Some knowledge of underwater acoustics will be beneficial
- Valid UK Passport or proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK driving license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and strive to produce high quality work.
- Able to handle several activities simultaneously.
- Able to work proactively alone and in a team environment.
- Good customer support and people skills.
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit package with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication