Job Purpose and Scope:
The Logistics Department handles many different tasks with responsibility for all incoming and outgoing shipments, customer repairs, customer support, warehouse/inventory management. The department also supports the receipt and distribution of Kongsberg rental equipment for the North America region.
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for doing his/her part in ensuring that Kongsberg Maritime provides parts to both internal and external customers in a timely and accurate manner.
Global Customer Support is a 24/7 team who prioritize customer satisfaction. The Warehouse Coordinator must be available and focused to ensure all stakeholders interacting with the Logistics team receive the highest possible levels of customer support.
- Receipt and verification of incoming shipments
- Accurate distribution of materials in warehouse IAW designated locations.
- Support and fill technician requests for materials IAW relevant parts order
- Prepare merchandise for shipment, as required.
- Maintain accurate inventory records using Kongsberg inventory system
- Complete requisition forms to order additional equipment and supplies
- IAW Rental and Repair team, ensure timely receipt, notification and dispatch of Kongsberg rental equipment to maximize customer satisfaction
- Utilize materials handling equipment such as forklifts, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Create shipments and customs documentation for spare part shipments as needed
- Support managing and implementation of ISO9001/14001, Occupational Health and Safety Act (OC2012-005) and classification requirements
- Maintain warehouse and operational standards in accordance with Kongsberg and Government standards
- Operate and maintain the Foreign Trade Zone requirements IAW US FTZ Act of 1934
- Provide 24-hour operational support to Global Customer Support team if needed
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Sign for incoming shipments
- Authorize access to the warehouse
- Maintain security and operational control of the Foreign Trade Zone
- Must be a team player working with logistics, rental, repair and customer support teams
- Must be able to lift, carry, and handle materials that weigh up to 75 lbs
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to handle simultaneous activities and work in a hectic environment
- Willingness to provide 24-hour customer support as needed
- Effective interpersonal communication skills required