VP Sales - USA
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions.
We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Join a fantastic team as VP Sales - USA, which will cover all vessel segments in USA.
Job Purpose and Scope:
As VP Sales - USA you are responsible for driving sales in the region. You will lead a highly motivated team who are responsible for customer relations in the region as well as ensuring order intake. You will work closely with our product centers in the Nordic to ensure effective customer and sales leadership. You are responsible to develop regional sales strategies and plans and to ensure optimizing ways of working between the region and our product centers to the best of our customers.
Working effectively across our business is key and you will be interfacing and collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and colleagues.
The role reports to SVP Sales & Marketing and is part of the Sales leadership team in Americas.
- Develop sales strategy, sales plans and pipeline targeting growth for designated team and portfolio including vessel segments of Tug, Fish, Offshore, Ferries & Cruise.
- Drive profitable sales growth, deliver order intake with current and new customers within the portfolio
- Building a strong Sales team supporting all P&L divisions and vessel segments of Tug, Fish, Offshore, Ferries & Cruise, with focus on product sales, bundling and integrated solutions sales
- Manages sales and "Flag-work" in home market/region
- Develops quotation and sales work for projects
- Manage and own customer relationships in the region as well as defining and setting up KAM (key account management) responsibilities
- Has budget responsibility in the region, responsible for driving sales of all KM products in the region
- Optimize the area sales footprint and its efficiency performance
- Implement global strategy, policies, processes and campaign initiatives
- Leads the sales team by developing the sales culture and competence
- Supports assessment of sales professionals within sales product competency.
- Can discuss products in the context of current market conditions, sector strategy and future development
- Provides input on competitor products and strategy at a high level internally
- Capture market trend for NPI
- Provide information on risks and opportunities affecting future customer orders
- Use of CRM tools to manage Customers, Prospects and Pipeline
Qualifications and Experience:
- Authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or equal
- Proven sales records
- Experience in leading and managing people effectively
- Excellent communication skills, including strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Strategic thought process to analyze and reach goals
- Highly customer focused
- Ability to translate and convey regional customer input to product centres and product sales teams
- Affiliations to relevant professional bodies in the industry