Test Engineer (KM 19-255)
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
The Technology business unit in the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for keeping KM at the forefront in Products and Technology by innovating, developing and enhancing our world class products. We are in the process of developing new technology platforms on which we are building world leading solutions and in the process of developing solutions within our autonomy and energy areas.
We are now hiring a test engineer for a very exciting development project. You will be contributing to the test strategy and will work side by side with fellow testers designing, developing and implementing innovative test frameworks and methods for our next generation of real time platform.
Perfect candidate have the right mindset and a genuine interest for testing whether you have experience or are just graduated.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Review of system requirements to ensure testability
- Contribute to define the test strategy
- Implement the test approach according to scope and plan
- Contribute to create and maintain the test automation framework
- Develop and maintain automatic test suites
- Execute test procedures and report test results
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant technical degree or higher (relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education)
- Knowledge of Python scripting language. Very good knowledge in another scripting or programming language can compensate
- Knowledge with communication bus such as CanBus, Profibus, Modbus, NMEA, etc.
- Experience with automation systems
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with TFS or Azure DevOps
- Good understanding and experience with Linux operating system
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and deliver
- Structured and quality minded
- Good verbal and written Norwegian and English
- An international, dynamic and creative environment
- Being part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime and gearing up for the future
- Professional and competence development within several fields and discipline
- Colleagues that care about product testing and quality
- Informal and positive working environment
Interviews will be held continuously.