Kongsberg Maritime is recruiting Test Development Engineers!
Test development Engineer
Two exciting opportunities has arisen as Test Development Engineer in Kongsberg Maritime. In this role you will develop our manufacturing test systems for new and existing products in collaboration with product designers and manufacturing. We are looking for you who are, or want to be a Test development engineer in acoustics, electronics or test data management.
- Develop and improve automated test systems for underwater acoustics and electronics
- Develop software and equipment for test systems
- Develop test data management system, for all manufacturing test/quality/IoT data, based on cloud technology
- Implement and verify test systems in manufacturing departments
- Take part in product development projects with focus on ‘Design for Test’ and new functionalities
- Support manufacturing departments (internal and external)
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent within relevant technical area (software, electronics, cybernetics, physics, acoustics, system engineering). Both newly graduated and experienced may apply
- Software programming – LabVIEW, TestStand, MATLAB, Python
- Cloud technology – IoT, databases, data lakes, database administration, machine learning, digital twin
- Experience with test systems and test data management
- Experience within product development and manufacturing
- Robotics and automation
If you already are an experienced test development engineer, that’s perfect! Otherwise, you will get the training, coursing and mentoring that is necessary to bring you up to a professional level.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Svein-Erik Rogneflåten, +47 992 03 890
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication