Test Automation Engineer, Technology department (KM 19-072)
For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Are you a control automation engineer, test automation wizard or a software developer with a passion for testing? If so, we are looking for you!
Kongsberg is the industry leader in delivering reliable and dependable products with state-of-the-art technology. To ensure our marketplace in the maritime business, we must do the best testing possible to support world class innovations. We are looking for new team members who are passionate about bringing Kongsberg Maritime’s technologies to even greater levels.
You will work with software developers and fellow testers, developing and implementing new test automation frameworks. We want to use your skillset to ensure the highest quality, performance and compliance to our goals.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of framework for automated test development and execution
- Improve architecture of existing and new automated test systems
- Specify, design, implement and maintain tests in existing automation framework
- Participate in strategic decision-making toward technical solutions for new test tools, test environments and frameworks.
- Strive for improvements both in projects as well as in Test department
- Relevant technical degree bachelor or higher. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Knowledge of software and system development processes
- Fluency in English and Norwegian, both verbal and in writing
- Experience with Kongsberg Products, Dynamic Positioning or similar
- Experience with TFS and Microsoft Test Manager
- Experience with computer networks
- ISTQB Foundation Level certified
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-driven and structured
- Skills of effective communication
- Service minded, collaborative & solution oriented
- Career development opportunities
- Great challenges
- An international, dynamic and creative environment
- Being part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime AS, gearing up for the future
- Professional and competence development within several fields and disciplines
- Collaboration across departments and functions
- Colleagues that care about product testing and quality
- Informal and positive working environment