Tender Engineering Manager - Electrical Systems
To meet the challenges in selling the energy solutions for the future, we are looking for a highly motivated customer-oriented Tender Engineering Manager with a desire to work in a dynamic and international environment.
In this role you will take an active part in the sales processes with a main responsibility for the Electrical Systems as a member of a highly professional sales team. You will make important contributions to the international offshore O&G and Offshore Wind markets with our sustainable solutions for energy and control. You will play an important role in our pursuits for the Offshore Production Unit segment, included for Offshore Wind.
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and marketplace. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, apply today!
- Responsible for the technical scope, cost estimation and risk assessment of a tender
- Review tender documents, prepare and purpose quotations to customers
- Present the technical solution to energy companies, operators, owners and yards
- Technical and strategic support to sales managers
- Seek cost-effective solutions for the relevant application
- Participation in industry conferences, exhibitions and events
Qualifications and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Electrical Systems or Engineering
- Good knowledge and overview of products for the marine industry covering generators, MV and LV switchboards, transformers, drives, hybrid systems and integration with Integrated Control Systems is an advantage
- Experience within electrical system design and electrical distribution design
- Experience in delivering, commissioning and starting-up of mentioned systems at shipyards is an advantage
- Knowledge of electrical design according to relevant national and international rules, regulations, and different standards
- Manage and understand English and Norwegian fluently verbally and in writing
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way internally and externally
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Travel as required for customer meetings
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg, Bergen, Sandefjord, Oslo, Stavanger or Ålesund
Point of contact
Vegard Skår, VP Sales Offshore Production Units
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet