Technician - Grinder and Repair
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Grinder and Repair Technician in Kongsberg Maritime. In this role, you will be a part of the Global Customer Support division where you will work with propulsion and engines service.
Your main tasks will include repairing and polishing propeller blades on KM’s Marine Products. It is essential that you are flexible, and that you can be a part of the department’s shift pattern.
Qualifications and experience
- Vocational certificate as a structural iron and steel worker
- Welding certificate
- Vocational certificate as an industrial mechanic or similar
- Relevant practice, preferably from maritime industry
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both written and oral
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- Flexible working hours
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.