Technical Support Engineer
At Kongsberg Maritime, we believe in handling challenging problems and delivering excellent performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services, which are the basis of the solutions that deliver benefits to our customers.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control (DMMC) division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
In the DMMC division, a position is open as Technical Support Engineer to support our Steering Gear customers, mainly Control System. Technical support to customers is the main task, but you will also be working in close collaboration with our upgrade sales department, service, spare part sales and support our field service engineers.
- Customer support activities and technical support to sailing ships with technical disruptions
- Assist in Technical support related to field service, spare part sales, upgrade sales and customer training.
- Maintenance and development of technical documentation.
- Feedback to product design/R&D/engineering because of technical problems, general product knowledge or repeated problems.
- Propose routines and perform quality assurance of procedures for service/commissioning.
- Participate in 24/7 Duty phone service.
- Bachelor Degree within electrical, electronics and automation is desirable. Relevant other education and experience may compensate for formal education.
- Fluent English and Norwegian language
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, understanding and communication skills.
- Comfortable finding solutions to problems not having a clear solution
- Engagement and creativity
- Good development opportunities in an international environment.
- Flexible working hour agreement and holiday arrangements.
- Good pension and insurance schemes.
- Extended scheme for compassionate leave.
- IA-agreement and occupational health service.
- Active welfare club with a variety of activities
Work location: Brattvåg
For more information, please contact:
Service TPM – Motion Control: Georg Beite, +4790022001
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication