Technical Sales Manager - Hydrographic Survey Applications
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Highly subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a zero-dollar high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
The objective of the Technical Sales Manager – Hydrographic Survey Applications position is to grow Kongsberg’s business in the Shallow Water Market. The successful candidate will be responsible to preserve customer loyalty by focusing effort on customer success / satisfaction with Kongsberg Maritime’s multibeam echo sounders, related hydrographic survey equipment, and services. The Technical Sales Manager will be expected to win new customers and grow Kongsberg’s share of the Shallow Water Market while also capturing business from our established customer base by taking a proactive approach to after-market sales.
The Technical Sales Manager will be a focal point for customers related to life cycle support of their Kongsberg systems and products to insure optimum system performance and value to the customer over the long term. The successful candidate will be expected to establish good rapport and become a valuable technical resource to our customers in different market sectors, including government, commercial and academic.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Collaborate closely with the S&R Americas Sales team to achieve optimal customer coverage
- Visit customers on a regular basis
- Promote value-added services / software and add-on products to enhance performance and maximize value to the customer for the near and long term, for example: training, service agreements, upgrades and enabling technology for remote and autonomous applications
- Prepare and follow up new sales and after-market sales quotations
- Take responsibility to negotiate with customers at various levels and close the sales
- Document purchase orders/contracts in accordance with procedure to hand off sale to Projects or In-bound Sales departments
- Contribute to the sales and marketing strategy and provide market intelligence to the S&R Americas Sales team.
- Proactively assess customer base to identify technical or support challenges
- Work closely with our technical departments to become an expert on Kongsberg’s shallow water hydrographic survey product line
- Support marketing campaigns to promote new technology, solutions, applications by making presentations or demonstrations for customers or at industry events
- Provide technical sales support, analysis of customer requirements and competitive comparisons
- Take on technical challenges and support testing and analysis to resolve customer issues and improve our products by working directly with the product centers
- Utilize Kongsberg Sales and Support CRM system to track opportunities and customer interactions
- Support product sales through Resellers and OEM customers
Qualifications / Skills:
We are looking for self-driven, quality-minded professional with a proven track record of success dealing directly with end customers in the maritime sector.
- Minimum four-year college degree in science or engineering
- Position will provide services to fulfill federal contract, qualified applicants must be U.S. citizen per federal contract
- Technical background in ocean science, i.e., hydrography, oceanography, or geophysical survey, etc.
- Project management, customer support, training or field operations experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on fulfilling the customer’s needs and expectations
- Experience using or supporting KM products or competing products
- Previous sales experience
- Experience working on US Government contracts (Plus)
- Determined – do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Reliable – penchant for timely follow-up on deadlines without constant supervision
- Innovative - continuously improving processes
- Collaborative - able to motivate and cooperate with employees on all levels in the business
Lynnwood or Remote Work