Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a devoted Technical Product Manager for our portfolio of Thruster Control Systems. There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With a huge installed base and a future with great opportunities for the products there are a lot of interesting challenges. With us, you will be in forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through dedication, planning and effective execution.
You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey. The team consists of people with high knowledge and experience within their field of work. You will be in the lead of a group of people that are among the best in the world. At Kongsberg Maritime we are shaping the marine future every day. If you like to the opportunity to affect and decide how this future will look for a wide range of vessels, you are welcome to join us! You will be a key player within one of the most exiting areas of the business.
- Take ownership of the process of maintaining and modernizing the current products towards the established target
- Actively work towards delivering added value for our customers
- Actively work towards harmonized solutions across the product portfolio of Thruster Control systems
- Challenge the product area to identify the needs and qualify solutions that meet short-term needs while coinciding with the long-term strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Thruster Control systems for vessels
- Preferable Master or Bachelor of Science within product management or technical area. Candidates with work experience will also be considered
- Experienced in cooperation and handling of both internal and external customers.
- Minimum 2 -3 years of experience with product management or development
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional and personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer flexible working hours and the option to work remote or from home office
- Social welfare club with social and recreational activities
Kongsberg, Horten or Ålesund
Point of contact
Vegard Sæterlid, Product Director – Positioning and Maneuvering, +47 95885154
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication