Technical Product Manager -Steering Gear
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s Steering Gear solutions.
We are looking for a leader with strong technical background to lead the product management of our Steering Gear product family. We are in a phase where digitalization, connectivity and integration with the rest of Kongsberg product portfolio is crucial for our success.
As Technical Product Manager, you will be the main technical authority for the Steering Gear products, main contact point to other parts of the Kongsberg organization and external partners on technical and product cost issues. You will be responsible for setting up product roadmaps and manage the development projects set up to achieve the milestones. In addition, you will be expected to engage with ongoing and future research programmes supporting Steering Gears in Kongsberg Maritime. Other important areas of responsibility are maintenance and continuous improvement of existing products. The Technical Product manager is also the safety lead for Steering Gear products and systems.
- Be the technical authority on behalf of the product throughout its life cycle.
- Manage and supervise development projects and life cycle within own product area.
- Define product vision, roadmap and strategies
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
- Assess and address technical/product risks
- Translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Explore competitors’ products and come up with new ways to improve the company’s products
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree within relevant subject
- Experience and competence on Steering Gear, Deck Machinery or other relevant control or automation systems.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for the above product areas
- Knowledge of Kongsberg Maritime Product is an advantage
- Experience with system design and validation methods, such as simulation, FMEA etc
- Experience with technical product management
- Experience from customer contact
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both verbal and in writing
You are able to
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- act on your own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results?
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on objectives
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund, Brattvaag or Hagavik
Point of contact
Jarle Aadland, +4795156173
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication