Technical Product Manager - Fisheries
An exciting opportunity has opened up as Technical Product Manager – Fisheries. In this role you will be the main technical authority for the fishery products in our organization. As part of your role, you will set up product roadmaps and manage development projects set up to achieve the milestones. You will also be the main contact point to other parts of the Kongsberg organization and to external partners on technical issues for the fishery products. We are looking for a determined, innovative and collaborative leader with strong technical background to lead the product management of our product family within fisheries. We are in a phase where digitalization, connectivity and integration with rest of Kongsberg product portfolio is crucial for our success. In this there are exiting possibilities for the right person to develop our products into the future.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s deck machinery solutions.
- Be the technical authority on behalf of the product throughout its life cycle
- Define product vision, roadmap and strategies and manage and supervise development projects and life cycle within own product area
- Act as main contact point to other parts of the Kongsberg organization and to external partners on technical and product cost issues
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and always look for improvement possibilities
- Engage with ongoing and future research programmes supporting fishery products in Kongsberg Maritime
- Be the safety lead for fishery products and systems
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree within automation or mechanical – Experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience and competence on winch systems, deck machinery or other relevant Kongsberg control or automation systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for the above product areas
- Experience with system design and validation methods, such as simulation, FMEA, control systems etc
- Experience with technical product management is an advantage
- Experience from customer contact
- Fluency in English and Norwegian, both verbal and in writing
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund or Brattvåg
Point of contact
Tore Moltumyr, Vice President Products, +47 901 84 747
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication