Do you want to participate in how we support our customers the best way?
Technical Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Technical Support Engineer– Energy & Systems in our After Market Support team in Bergen. You will have the opportunity support advanced Energy & Power systems onboard sailing vessel. You will participate in taking ownership of how Kongsberg Maritime support our customer within the complete lifetime cycle on our products. With technical expertise in combination with understanding of our customers requirement we are a leading service supplier.The position will involve some travelling, approx. 20-60 days.
As our Technical Support Engineer you will be part of the division Global Customer Support which is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades, and support in the aftermarket.The business unit you will be supporting. Energy Products, provides a complete portfolio of electrification, drives -and energy storage products for marine applications. The new Energy product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
- Resolve customer problems on the Energy product range by faultfinding, root cause investigations.
- Attend on site, resolve issues or attend for training purpose
- Support new technologies and participate in development of our product range both onsite and remote.
- Participate in 24/7 hour duty phone service.
- Add value for our customers and ensure world class support
Qualifications and experience
- Experience with either frequency converter, switchboards, power management systems, battery system or generators and motors. Mid voltage range
- Electrician Certificate of apprenticeship within Energy product range (Gr.L/ ship electrician or automation)
- Bachelor within electro, system engineering or other relevant education is an advantage. We encourage newly graduates to apply.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Service TPM - Electrical & Power: Terje Vangen Bratteteig – Tlf: 478 61 484
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.