What do we do at Kongsberg Digital?
Kongsberg Digital’s solutions for the energy sector enables its customers to optimize and manage their operations. From design to end-of-life of their assets, we help increase safety, reduce costs and save time on land, under water and offshore.
Kongsberg Digital offers solutions to help optimize its customers drilling activity and manage subsequent casing and cementing operations. The solution integrates all the information from the different service providers involved in its well construction activities into a common platform and monitors the KPI's that are important to each of these activities.
The SiteCom® Discovery Portal is the starting point for access to a range of new value-adding applications on SiteCom®. Each application will focus on a specific use-case or user group workflow, with a focus to provide user experience tailored to users across the drilling and completions space.
In this role, you will:
- Engage in a fast-paced agile application development teams in terms of organizing, managing and executing your work with minimal supervision.
- Participate with the team and stakeholders on requirements understanding, design and solutions in line with the product architecture.
- Build and maintain high performing, high quality code base with end-to-end responsibility from Development to technical QA (unit tests) by applying technology and development best practices.
- Provide necessary technical documentation to enable visibility and maintainability of designs and code.
- Play an integral role in acquiring and learning technology trends, expertise, and best practices to keep the team’s collective knowledge up to date.
To be a good fit for this position, you have:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Any relevant certifications on technology from reputed sources is a plus.
- 8-12 years of relevant industry experience. Experience working in Energy, Oil & Gas or Engineering domain is definite plus.
- 2/4+ years of experience working in distributed agile developments. Experience working in international teams is relevant.
- Hands-on experience building responsive, cross browser web applications using HTML, CSS. Further hands-on / academic experience working with SCSS is a plus.
- Good to have experience with .Net. C# and WCF.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Good understanding on the concepts and application of unit tests in development. Further hands-on / academic experience using Jasmine, Karma with Angular is a plus.
- It is an advantage if you have hands-on experience on mobile application development.
- It is an advantage if you have hands-on / academic experience working in Cloud (Azure) applications especially in areas of DevOps, CI/CD and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- It will be a good addition if you have experience with code scanning or security and compliance management solution tools like SonarQube and WhiteSource.
- It will be a valuable addition if you have experience and knowledge working for energy, oil & gas or engineering industries.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passionate for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Ability/willingness to take end-to-end responsibility of work with an attitude that “Nothing is too big or too small” to make a valuable contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to participate actively in team activities.
- Strongly believe in commitment to ownership and cause of business and team by aligning with the leadership and management.
- The enthusiasm to be curious and learn technology / domain expertise on demand to help increase the collective knowledge in the team.
- Strongly believe in earning reputation and respect through consistence demonstration of work, skills and attitude.
We Value You
At Kongsberg Digital we have a lot to offer. An exciting career and the possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers. Challenging opportunities with possibilities of career development in an environment that is flexible and fosters technical excellence. We offer top in the Industry benefits and competitive compensation and stand for diversity and inclusion.
Please apply for this position through LinkedIn at Technical Advisor