Systems safety and HAZID (KM 21-040)
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Energy products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Systems safety and HAZID engineer, reporting to Energy and Systems Integration. In this role, you will be a part of the Project Systems Engineering team and collaborate with product centres for hardware and software, ship design, R&D department and more. We are working close with ship- and systems designers for vessel specifications and system evaluations and participate from the initial stage of the project until delivery to customer.
You will be central in hazard identification and safety philosophies for marine power, propulsion and control systems. Typical deliveries are:
- Safety philosophies for energy storage installations.
- Pre-HAZID and HAZID analyses, including risk assessment for autonomous and remote operated vessels.
- System philosophies and concepts of operation.
- Gap analyses and requirement management.
AS part of the team, you will also participate in ship- and system design and engineering activities.
You will be involved in challenging projects which requires additional effort to build confidence and get approvals, as well as application of recognised safety principles for installation of energy storage and energy carriers.
- HAZID, HAZOP, Safety Philosophies, Systems philosophies
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant education from college or university.
- Experience within maritime sector, electrical, mechanical engineer and/or operational experience.
- Knowledge of methods for performance of risk assessments and hazard identification and operability analyses (HAZID/HAZOP).
- Knowledge of regulations by marine class societies and national authorities, including IMO and NMA.
- Knowledge and understanding of system modelling and system functionality breakdowns, by dependencies and multiple perspectives. (Such as UML, topology, hierarchy, etc.)
- Good collaboration and team building skills.
- Good English and Norwegian written and oral skills.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals.
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments.
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Learn and develop tools and metrologies within system analysis.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication