Systems Engineering Architect (KM 20-085)
Would you like to shape the future of products and solutions in one of Norway’s largest technology-oriented companies?
KONGSBERG have for more than 200 years specialised in developing products and solutions based on advanced technologies, having extreme performance and in extreme conditions. Working together as a global team, we have created an integrated portfolio of solutions, for businesses, partners and nations operating from the depths of the sea; to outer space; to the digital frontier.
KONGSBERG Maritime is now looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. We seek people that are focused on creating user-friendly solutions, are innovative and reliable. Our approach to product design is to maximise performance by providing THE FULL PICTURE. We create solutions that work. Our products and services cover a wide market. We deliver both on- and offshore, merchant marine, subsea, navy, coastal marine, aquaculture, training and more.
Within KONGSBERG Maritime, the Technology business unit is responsible for keeping our world class product portfolio at the forefront by innovation-, new development and enhancement projects.
About the position…
- You will contribute to developing the Systems Engineering discipline
- You will work with the development of complex dynamic systems consisting of software and hardware operating together
- You will be responsible for designing systems and that the requirements are met, for KM’s products and solutions
- You will have the responsibility for implementing the company’s Systems Engineering Process for the project/product you work with
- You will contribute to knowledge sharing and collaboration across Departments
- You’re a team player; Collaboration is the key to success!
- You have experience from different technological domains and have practiced concept development, system architecture, system integration and/or Systems Engineering in product development for several years
- You’re a skilled communicator; You can articulate your ideas to a wide range of individuals and groups
- You’re strategic; You understand the importance of a technology strategy and can align tactical work around that strategy
- You’re passionate; You consistently contribute to a positive work environment and enjoy building team relationships
- You’re a MSc/ BSc engineer combined with the right experience and with an interest in Systems Engineering
- You have a strong background and knowledge in at least one engineering discipline in addition to be a Systems Engineer
- You have good communication skills both in Norwegian and English
- You like to work with complex challenges
We encourage female applicants to send an application.
We can offer:
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
- Highly qualified colleagues who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Competence development through challenges
- Career opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions
- Kongsberg, Ålesund or Horten
The position reports to Department manager of the Architects group, Systems Engineering, Technology
Come join a Systems Engineering team dedicated to advancing the KONGSBERG Maritime Technology and Product portfolio through innovation and generation shifts in hardware and software.