System FMEA and HAZID Engineer
To strengthen our team and to meet the growth in the market we are now looking for a new System FMEA and HAZID Engineer in Kongsberg Maritime. In this position, you will be a part of the Systems Design and Engineering team and our project comprises products and solutions from KM portfolio, delivered as tailored integrated systems for a variety of ship and vessel types. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
Your key accountabilities in this position will typically be:
- HAZID analyses, including risk assessment for autonomous and remote operated vessels.
- System FMEA that backs up commissioning tests, analysing product and interface failure modes on a system level.
- HAZID analyses for alternative fuels and fuel cell installations.
- Establish Safety philosophies for energy storage installations.
- Responsibility to coordinate stakeholders, lead workshops and complete system safety related reports.
As part of the team, you will be involved in challenging projects where you will use state of the art risk assessment tools and techniques to get approval of new technologies and/or applications from class and authorities. All in line with our strategy for sustainable thinking.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant education from college or university
- Knowledge of methods for performance of risk and failure assessments. For example, FMECA/FMEA, HAZID/HAZOP.
- Knowledge of regulations by marine class societies and national authorities, including IMO and NMA, is an advantage but not a condition.
- Good English written and oral skills are required, and Norwegian oral and written skills are an advantage.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals.
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments.
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Learn and develop tools and metrologies within system analysis.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to realize sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Bergen, Ålesund or other Kongsberg Maritime sites in Norway or Croatia upon agreement
Start date: As soon as possible
Point of contact:
Claudia Hessen, +4797609159
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication