kta naval system is now recruiting
System Engineers (kta:02/20)
kta naval systems is a joint venture company owned by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace, thyssenkrupp Marine Systems and ATLAS ELEKTRONIK.
kta naval systems is exclusive supplier and Design Authority for the complete Combat Systems to thyssenkrupp Marine Systems submarines.
kta naval systems has its headquarters in Kongsberg, Norway and a branch office in Bremen, Germany.
We are now recruiting System Engineers to shape the future of submarines with its product family of Combat Systems ORCCA
- translate customer requirements into an optimal Combat System design following the ORCCA product family
- take responsibility for engineering process and complex subsystems
- clarify and negotiate technical scope with customers and/or suppliers
- define and manage Combat System interfaces in both aspects, functional and physical integration
- plan, manage and control suppliers along technical milestones in complete project life-cycle until verification and acceptance
- assist in sales activitiess
- a degree in a technical discipline
- interest, knowledge or experience in submarine Combat Systems or its subsystems
- interest, knowledge or experience in the design and development of complex systems and system integration
- interest, knowledge or experience on the submarine platform itself, especially systems interfaced directly to the Combat Systems
- experience in ILS is an advantage
- fluent English both written and spoken and good communication skills
- a pro-active mindset and enjoy challenges
- a connectional and system orientated mind
- the desire to work in a multi-national team
- a security clearance or the ability to get one
- Design the future Combat System for the market leader of conventional submarines
- Take interesting and challenging positions with good opportunities for development and help shape a company
- Work with highly dedicated and skilled colleagues in an intercultural team
- Benefit from competitive conditions and a highly flexible work environment with offices in Germany and Norway
A certain amount of mobility for travelling worldwide is required for the positions.