System Engineer, Energy Support (KM 19-220)
Do you have experience in the installation and commissioning of switchboards/drives/ Battery Packages and/or other energy technologies? Do you feel motivated by the technical challenges presented by working in an international environment with the world as your office? And do you want to work with next generation vessels and energy solutions? If this sounds like you, please apply!
Kongsberg Maritime, Global Customer Support division is responsible for all Kongsberg Maritime’s services and support in the aftermarket, and newbuilding segments. Energy Support, delivers control systems for high and low voltage installations, drives for applications for all types of vessels. Our projects are based on Service, Commissioning, upgrading / replacement of KM and other makers, Integrated Automation & Control Systems on vessels worldwide.
Our technical solutions have success in the market; the goal is to maintain and strengthen this position in the future. We are, based on this, looking for System Engineers with the applicable competence that accepts the challenge of extensive traveling world-wide.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Technical support and assistance world wide
- Engineering, IAT/FAT and CAT.
- Service on Kongsberg Maritime Products, LV + HV switchboards, Drives and Battery solutions
- Technical commissioning of new build, after sales and upgrade projects
- In-House technical support towards customers, internal and external
- Engineer (BSc) or relevant technical education/experience (Gp: L/H)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Norwegian language
- Meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
- Meet the requirements for applying for work visa world-wide
- Ready and motivated for world-wide support activities.
- Experience with automation system, drives and protection relay test equipment is an advantage
- Self-driven, humble, diplomatic, systematic
- Positive attitude, cope with challenges and finding solutions
- Excellent cooperative and communication skills
- Ability to deal with several activities simultaneously in a hectic environment
- You will be an important contributor in a technical environment
- Career opportunities and training in different fields
- High degree of personal development and responsibility
- Highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- An informal and social working environment
- Pension and Insurance benefits
- An exciting journey where we explore, collaborate and achieve goals together
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.
If you want to know more about Kongsberg’s values, please visit: https://www.kongsberg.com/en/kog/aboutus/our%20values/
If you want to know more about our Marine Switchboards, please visit:
If you want to know more about our Engine room and automation systems, please visit: