Supportability/ ILS Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime UK Ltd
Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for positioning, navigation and automation to various vessels and offshore installations, as well as products and systems for seabed surveying and monitoring.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the key role of ILS Engineer based at our Gateshead site. Reporting to the ILS Manager, the post-holder will create and manage the ILS content for Naval programmes, ensuring compliance with contract delivery requirements. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen, ‘can-do’ attitude and a high degree of flexibility.
- Assist in the development of ILS strategy for Naval Projects to ensure ILS requirements are effectively delivered.
- Contribute to system reliability analysis, including: FMECA, MTBF/MTTR, RBD/FTA, Spare Parts & Lifted Items Provisions, Life Cycle Cost Estimation.
- Contribution to NATO Codification activities within the scope of the contract requirements.
- Preparation of supportability documentation including Supportability Case Report, Availability Reliability and Maintainability Report, equipment maintenance manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogues, training presentations, etc
- Present Kongsberg RAS product training to end clients.
- Liaison with customer and 3rd party ILS specialists.
- Carry out any other tasks as delegated by the ILS Manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A formal academic engineering qualification at minimum of Level 3 with relevant practical maintenance experience (Naval / Marine background desirable).
- Experience of systems engineering processes, product development & through life support life cycles.
- Knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600, S1000D, S2000M, S3000L, Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) & ASD-STE100 with an understanding of the customer environment, structure, and processes.
- Experience of working with and creating content for technical publications.
- Knowledge of Structured XML authoring for technical content.
- Knowledge of NATO Codification requirements.
- Experience undertaking Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) and Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) and Spares Modelling.
- Experience using reliability modelling software.
- Strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous training delivery experience.
- You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
- You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas.