An exciting opportunity has arisen as Sub-Contract Manager. You will be part of the Supply Chain team and you will be responsible for all purchases within your assigned project portfolio, and work close together with a cross functional project team.
Deck Machinery & Motion control’s (DMMC) project portfolio stretches from merchant shipping deck machinery deliveries, steering gear and rudders to complex system deliveries for fishing, research and offshore vessels.
We are looking for a Sub-Contract Manager that is motivated by working in a team, contributing to projects of all sizes and complexities. You will take part in a team of skilled project purchasing managers, with your own dedicated portfolio. You will manage significant scale of spend each year where keeping an overview with attention to detail is key to this role.
Collaboration, Determination, Innovative and Reliable are our values, and the right candidate is ready to contribute with shaping the maritime future through these.
- Purchasing responsibility on the assigned ongoing Kongsberg DMMC projects
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on the relevant commercial and technical factors
- Place orders in our ERP-system and follow up on signals to ensure good flow and delivery within expected time, cost and quality
- Secure good interaction between procurement and other relevant functions in Kongsberg Maritime
- Proactively seek information to be updated on marked, prices and potential Suppliers
- Monitor and measure delivery and cost in projects
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s in economics, purchasing or logistics, relevant experience and proven results can compensate for lack of education
- Experience with negotiations and good knowledge of negotiation techniques
- Knowledge and interest of IT systems, experience with ERP systems is a plus
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian. Knowledge in other languages is an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvåg, Ålesund or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Yvonne Slyngstad, Purchasing Manager, phone +47 416 55 917
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication