Strategic buyer - POD and Rim Drive Thrusters, Thruster Systems
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Strategic buyer for POD and Rim Drive thrusters. We are currently looking for an experienced Strategic Buyer who is responsible for creating and executing sourcing strategies for Thruster Systems in KONGSBERG Maritime Propulsion & Handling Division.
In this role, you will be working closely on product sourcing strategies and will be accountable for developing and executing thruster sourcing strategies aligned with thruster product strategies. In your work, you will follow KONGSBERG’s global cost management, quality, and delivery guidelines and you will be a part of Supply Chain team in Thruster Systems reporting directly to business unit. We are looking for proactive and collaborative procurement professional to join our team working with specific product sourcing strategies, supplier agreements aligned and accountable of delivering material cost management in Thruster products. Focus on close collaboration both internal and external stakeholders, continuous development with global suppliers and partners supporting the product strategies and requirements.
- Execution of sourcing recommendations and supplier negotiations
- Execution of global purchasing agreements for the P&H Division
- Creation and execution of sourcing strategies
- Technical education or work experience in international business and trading is required
- Business and Commercial acumen, energy and drive for results
- Good collaboration and communication skills, structured mindset
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner / people management experience
- Readiness to travel
What we can offer
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional and personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working scheme in accordance with the Company policy
Point of contact
For more information, please contact Sourcing Manager Mr. Joonas Laaksonen tel. +358 40 125 3753 on:
Friday 9.2. 13.30-14.30 (UTC +2)
Friday 16.2. 13.30-14.30 (UTC +2)
Friday 23.2. 13.30-14.30 (UTC +2)
Please include your salary expectation to your application.
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries.
Our Propulsion and Handling division delivers world class products for propulsion, handling systems, motion control and waterjet for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore and naval. Our products enhance operational efficiency and deliver safe, secure, reliable and sustainable products to our valued customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet