Software Support Analyst
KONGSBERG DIGITAL is a business unit of KONGSBERG, to focus on KONGSBERG Gruppen’s strategy to be a leading integrated digital solutions provider, in providing the next generation of digitalized products and services. With more than 500 software experts, the company will be a leading industrial software environment.
We have a strong platform to develop the next generation of digital products and services that will provide significant changes to processes and business models of the industry. Today KONGSBERG cooperates closely with several leaders within digitalization, both within academia and research, and through the Group’s extensive network of suppliers and customers in Norway and abroad
Kongsberg Digital will also be a focal point for the Group’s digital offering, ensuring leading digital development and competence across KONGSBERG. In addition, the new subsidiary will be responsible for new technology alliances.
Main tasks and responsibility
Including, but not limited to:
- Install, configure, and implement real-time systems and applications in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Responsible for handling, troubleshooting and resolving technical support issues on installed systems in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues, identifying and fixing the reported issues, delivering support for all customers.
- Ensuring that all customers are very satisfied with the effectiveness and efficiency of the support they receive.
- Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, delivering timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
- Train Users on Kongsberg Digital real-time visualization tools used in remote command centers.
- Work with clients to custom design real-time solutions using WITSML (XML for drilling environments).
- Perform demos of real-time data management and collaboration systems.
- Open to work in rotating shifts – India Day and Night shifts.
- Travel locations may include client offices.
This is a full-time position and the individual must be open to a rotation schedule involving night shift work since the job is in a 24x7 environment.
- Job type: Permanent
- Working hours: shifts
- Working days: Rotating
We can offer an exciting job in a strong and growing company. You will get an opportunity to develop yourself as a person as well as professionally. Kongsberg Intellifield has a diverse work environment with high professional skills. Competitive terms offered.
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Passion for delivering cutting-edge products and for delivering great Customer experience
- A firm commitment to proactive customer-friendly service and on-time delivery
- Desire to travel and work with people in different cultures
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, Networking, Telecommunications or Software Development
- Proven Windows Server 2003, 2008 system administration experience and knowledge of network communication solutions.
- Oracle or SQL Database experience.
- Domain knowledge of the work processes related to drilling and well construction will be an advantage
- Familiar with WITSML or WITS will be beneficial.
- Windows Certificates are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Knowledge/experience with Hardware and Software is a must
- Experience with software testing, support or troubleshooting
- Applying operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Installation of new hardware and software
- Security administration – LDAP, Active Directory
- Performance Tuning
- Network troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- 2 to 5 years in Application/Technical/Product Support and troubleshooting supporting internal/external clients/customers over email/phone
- Providing service & solutions for problems and questions
- Knowledge of the well construction process in Oil & Gas industry
- Experience of working on drilling rig will be an advantage but not must
- Deploying/Configuring/Supporting .net application/software on staging/production server