Come create the future with us
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer R&D (KM 19-239)
Kongsberg Maritime is a world leading supplier of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and autonomous unmanned surface vessels (USV). We offer robotic systems from sea surface down to 6000 m below the surface. We develop the world leading HUGIN, MUNIN and REMUS AUVs. Our robots can operate autonomously and independent from human intervention for days at a time.
Kongsberg Maritime Marine Robotics department is now searching for engineers to develop software for a new generation of AUVs and USVs. If you are interested in creating better user experiences for controlling and monitoring autonomous vehicles you are the right person for us. You will have the opportunity to shape the next generation intelligent AUVs and USVs. The main work will consist in technical contributions to both development projects and delivery projects in these areas.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Specification, architecture, design, implementation and test of software for user interfaces, planning, monitoring and data analysis of autonomous vehicles on and under water. Responsible for delivery of technical results.
- MSc within computer science or similar
- Experience with, and interest for, programming in modern C++
- Experience with one or more of the following is desired: Computer graphics and efficient visualization,
Qt framework, maritime systems and sensors, Windows and Linux, Python
- Cooperative and responsible
- Analytical, systematic and efficient
- Career development opportunities
- Inspiring and international working environment
- Competetive compensation and benefits
The position reports to Group Manager SW.