Software developer - internal digitalization
We have an exciting opportunity as Software Developer in Internal digitalization. You will have the opportunity to join our mission to improve Kongsberg Maritimes competitive force by digitalizing the production and commissioning of control systems. We analyze the operational demand, develop new digital solutions and ensure lasting improvements. If you prefer creating small things, in a short time and with endless opportunities to challenge yourself – you may be the candidate we are looking for!
You will be a part of the division Integrated Solutions who is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
You will be joining the organisation at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want you to help us shape this journey.
- Contribute to the whole development process with use of our entire stack of technology
- Analyze the digitalization demand through tight collaboration with end-users
- Implement solutions by utilizing existing or exploring new technology
- Validate the solution together with end-users
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or masters degree in computer science or equivalent
- We prefer experience with Digitalization, SOA, cloud computing, C# in both LinQPad and Visual Studio, or similar
You are able to
- welcome user feedback as a source of insight
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- understand SW engineering as a craftsmanship
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals. Welcome user feedback as a source of insight.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Filip Svilaas, Director product engineering & tools, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work location: Kongsberg
Applications will be reviewed on a ongoing basis
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication#LI-AK1