Service Manager-Propulsion & Handling (Naval)
In this role, you will lead the Propulsion & Handling (P&H) Naval service delivery team which delivers support to Naval customers in the business. P&H Naval is a significant proportion of the Oceania Customer Support business, and you will be responsible for supporting growth opportunities in this segment alongside the Head of International Operations and Aftermarket Sales (AMS).
As the Manager of a significant number of employees, you are expected to be very strong in people management and will be responsible for the development of the P&H Naval team in Oceania.
- Direct management of field service engineers, service technicians and support staff within the Global Customer Support (GCS) team.
- Oversee and assist with service coordination, project planning, administration and management of R&O and field service projects within budget
- Balance load and capacity to ensure on time delivery of field service and workshop (R&O) tasks
- Manage the personal development review (PDR) of the service team along with personal training and development plans according to annual business objectives
- Responsible for training and orientation of new service department staff
- Manage and support HSE processes and procedures to ensure all of the service department adhere to the strict standards required by legislation, the customer and Kongsberg Maritime
- Support AMS department as required through assistance with planning of service and project work
- Provide direct customer support through good communication and interaction with customers
- Ability to understand complex marine engineering products offered by KM
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous people management experience, preferably the marine industry
- Tertiary qualifications (Engineering degree preferred)
- Ability to prioritise and make decisions
- Independent and dependable
- Internal-All GCS employees and Country Manager
- External- Customers (in particular Royal Australian Navy and Prime Contractors) and suppliers
- Fremantle, Western Australia