Service Engineers / Senior Service Engineers (KM 19-215)
We are strengthening our software team and Global Customer Support seeks technical engineers to join our System Support Automation Team in Kongsberg and Horten
Global Customer Support have responsibilities that includes service and support on close to 30.000 installations Worldwide.
At System Support Automation we are developing and maintaining high-tech automation, control and monitoring system for maritime vessels and oil and gas industry. We support complete process control systems where we integrate other systems and equipment in to one full solution for the customer; hybrid power systems, LNG and autonomy are some of the systems we support.
Make a difference - join the Global Customer Support team!
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Technical support, assistance and advisory for automation systems world-wide
- Communicate to support customers by telephone, e-mail, remote connection and face to face
- Software Engineering and Production of technical documentation
- Software and hardware configuration
- Technical commissioning and installation
- Investigate and solve customers’ technical cases, which may be of a complex or long- standing nature
- Technical College graduate or higher technical education
- Electronics, Cybernetics, Process, Control systems and/or Automation education is an advantage
- Basic MS Windows XP,7, 8, 10 and basic networking knowledge
- Good communication skills in English and Norwegian. Both oral and written
- Must meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
- Experience and knowledge of marine equipment and -control systems will be an advantage.
- Self-driven person with a positive attitude and good cooperative skills
- Collaborate in a team environment and ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with several activities simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Service minded, and customer focused
- Graduates are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
- Work in a large and high-tech software environment with global mobility opportunities
- You will be a key person in an exclusive, technical working environment
- Career opportunities in an international company
- High degree of flexibility, responsibility and challenges.
- Travelling worldwide
- Good work environment with a culture to succeed together.
- Good insurance schemes, share program, flexible hours and paid overtime
- The position open opportunities to work at one of our service offices abroad for periods of time
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.