Service Engineer, Propulsion and Engine systems
Customer support is seeking a service engineer for supporting our regional as well as worldwide customers. The ideal candidate is one having some hands-on or operational experience involving main engine or thrusters. The role also involves providing product support to our customers as well as being part of a knowledge pool giving back end support for the field service team.
- Focus on customer support, commissioning and service on assigned Kongsberg Maritime product range
- Cover service activities in SE Asia and maintain good relationship with existing clients
- Workshop test and technical preparations
- Proper preparation and execution of work assigned and ensure standards are met at all times
- Responsible for generation of service reports, database and other relevant documents
- Handling pre and post administrative work
- Required to undertake ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Min. Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant working experience in maritime industry
- Ability to use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Good understanding and knowledge of specific products, systems, their functionality and applications.
- Must be Certified to Operate and qualified to a minimum of Level 1 in SEMAS
- Meticulous & methodical approach to problem solving.
- Self-driven attitude to find solutions to problems in the field and in the office among engineers
- Good written, communication and lnterpersonal skills
- Able to handle stress
- Passion and patience for handling customers – Service minded
- A team player, result-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to collaborate with own team and with colleagues from other offices operating on different time zones
- Pay package will be commensurate with experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview