Service Engineer – UA (UWM)
This role will liaise between main office and customers from South-East Asia, Oceania and other part of the world on all aspects of pre-commissioning/commissioning, maintenance and operation of Kongsberg’s Underwater Acoustic and Seatex product range, reporting to KM Malaysia office.
- Focus on customer support, commissioning and service on assigned Kongsberg Maritime Underwater product range, including rental project at all stage.
- Technical manning on desk / mobile device for remote support as require by KM Global Customer Support world-wide framework.
- Maintain good relationship with existing clients
- Proper preparation and execution of work assigned
- Responsible for generation of service reports, update drawings, cable information database and others
- Ensure performance are met at all times
- Pre and post work administrative
- Commissioning, Service and repair of KM supplied underwater Systems.
- Workshop test and technical preparation.
- Liaison between customers and main office on all aspects of pre-commissioning/ commissioning, maintenance and operation of the systems
- Position will cover South-East Asia, Oceania and possibly other part of the world
- Required to undertake ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Able to handle stress.
- Good written and oral skill (English)
- Good customer etiquette
- Proficient in basic MS office applications
- Good knowledge with survey software and various marine survey data format.
- Good knowledge on computer network system / topology.
- Meticulous and customer oriented person
- Ensure customers’ satisfaction and on quality of services
- Team player
- Willing to travel for overseas assignment
- Able to travel on short notice
- At least 1-year relevant experience in customer service.
- At least 1-years of direct technical hands-on experience on Single/Multi beam system.
- At least 1 years of direct technical hands-on experience on hydro-acoustic system.
- Functional test and verification including signal tracing, use of lab equipment such as oscilloscope, frequency counter, impedance meter etc (preferred).
- Underwater survey experience / underwater positioning system.
- Technical experience with underwater sonar / hydrography / oceanography sensors.
- Technical experience or understand Marine / Underwater Survey equipment’s on-board.
- Technical experience with Marine navigational and positioning equipment (preferred)
- Pay package will be commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.