Come create the future with us!
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace.
The Fishery Department of KM Sensors & Robotics is developing, manufacturing, selling and servicing advanced fish finding products with the brand name Simrad. The market is the global commercial fishing market and our products are distributed through distributors, dealers and resellers all over the world. The Simrad brand is well known within the fishing industry after more than 70 successful years, and has always been recognized as the latest in technology and innovation. All R&D is controlled from the HQ in Horten, but also done in Spain and Canada. Production and assembly are mainly done in Horten with some in Spain and Canada. Today we have three main product groups: Sonar, Echosounder and Catch Monitoring Systems, all designed for the harsh environment the commercial fishing is.
To serve our customers, we are looking for a Service Engineer to join our team. The job purpose for a Service Engineer is to become an expert on our products to be able to provide advanced support to our customers.
- Support our customers by solving problems and recommending solutions
- Training of technical personnel
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or similar, can be compensated with relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian, oral and written
- Cross-disciplinary knowledge in electronics and mechanics is an advantage
- Experience from Trawl Instrumentation, Sonar and/or Echo Sounder equipment is an advantage
You are able to
- Travel domestic and international, sometimes on short notice
- Perform practical tasks onboard a vessel to solve demanding challenges
- Use a methodical and systematic approach to solve problems
- Work independently
- Complete tasks with high quality
What we can offer you
With us, you will work with advanced underwater acoustic products with high environmental impact. You will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.