Service & Support Engineer
We are now looking for Service & Support Engineer to support our Subsea & Special Purpose products. In this role, you’re going to work both in-house and out in the field to support our customers. Working in-house, you will provide both our customers and your colleagues with technical support. Out in the field you will carry out service assignments, commissioning and upgrades as a part of our global service engineer team. With your high customer awareness and strong ability to translate customer needs, you will be an important contributor to our projects in changing and exciting environments.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
- Technical support for vessels operating with our Subsea & Special Purpose products
- Remote support to our customers
- Support our Field Service Engineers and our Spares Parts Coordinators
Working in field:
- Field service execution worldwide
- Service, upgrades and commissioning on the sailing fleet
Qualifications and experience
- Good knowledge of Subsea & Special Purpose equipment and maritime operations
- Relevant technical education and experience within automation and/or electro
- Product knowledge within Subsea & Special Purpose products is an advantage
- Practical experience from service is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, verbally and in writing
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund, Brattvåg or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Øyvind Kvammen, Field Service Engineer Manager, +47 975 02 893
Kjetil Ekroll, Technical Support Manager, +47 934 32 805
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication