Service & Support Engineer
Are you our new problem solver for Offshore Handling Systems?
We are now looking for Service & Support Engineer to support our Deck Machinery Subsea & Special Purpose products, related to control system, electro, and automation in Kongsberg Maritime. In this role, you’re going to work both in-house and out in the field to support our customers. Working in-house, you will provide both our customers and your colleagues with technical support. Out in the field, you will carry out service assignments, commissioning, and upgrades as a part of our global service engineer team.
With your high customer awareness and strong ability to translate customer needs, you will be an important contributor to our projects in changing and exciting environments. You characterize yourself as service minded, solution oriented, independent, systematic, eager to learn and responsible
Service & Support of Deck Machinery Subsea & Special Purpose products, mainly Deck Machinery equipment for the Seismic fleet, and Deck Machinery equipment with Active Heave Compensation for Subsea Operations, such as LARS for ROV, Umbilical Winches and Module Handling Systems.
- Technical support to our customers, email and phone
- Remote support to our customers
- Support our Field Service Engineers and our Spares Parts Coordinators
- Upgrade sales support
Working in field:
- Field service execution worldwide.
- Service and upgrades on the sailing fleet, commissioning on new builds
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant technical education or experience within automation or electro. Practical experience from service is considered an advantage.
- Willing to travel worldwide, sometimes on short notice and work on vessels in rough weather conditions
- Good knowledge of maritime equipment and maritime operations. Preferably experience with Seismic operations, oceanography operations, operation with LARS for ROV. Also, with Siemens S7 / TIA PLC. Training will be given.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, verbally and in writing
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund, Hjørungavåg or Brattvåg
Point of contact
Kjetil Ekroll, Technical Support Manager, +47 934 32 805
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication