Senior UI/UX Designer
What do we do at Kongsberg Digital?
Kongsberg Digital’s solutions for the energy sector enables our customers to optimize and manage their operations. From design to end-of-life of their assets, we help increase safety, reduce costs and save time on land, under water and offshore. Kongsberg Digital offers solutions to help optimize your drilling activity and manage subsequent casing and cementing operations. The solution integrates all the information from the different service providers involved in your well construction activities into a common platform and monitors the KPI's that are important to each of these activities.
The SiteCom® Discovery Portal is the starting point for access to a range of new value-adding applications on SiteCom®. Each application will focus on a specific use-case or user group workflow, with a focus to provide user experience tailored to users across the drilling and completions space.
See how Sitecom works? Watch this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQIKaKBHk28
As a Senior UI/UX designer, you will:
- Design the future of drilling and optimization digital solutions.
- Use your insight and design skills for international impact in digital transformation.
- Explore new, intuitive ways to visualize and interact with platform and monitoring data.
- Translate customer and stakeholder needs into product design and implementation.
- Visualize and communicate design solutions from concept to user interface.
- Developer consumable design deliverables for high quality product.
- Work with Agile Software Development teams on user experience and user interface design.
- Collaborate with design and product development teams.
- Work with the design team and build opportunities for continuous learning.
- Take key ownership on design of multiple product deliveries.
To be a good fit for this position, you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Visual Arts (or equivalent degree) from reputed university/college.
- Any relevant certifications on technology from reputed sources is a plus.
- 6-8 years of relevant industry experience. Experience working in Energy, Oil & Gas or Engineering domain is definite plus.
- Experience in software development industry is must. Experience with product development is a plus.
- 2/4+ years of experience working in distributed agile developments. Experience working in international teams is relevant.
- Strong expertise on relevant tools is a must - Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator is a must), sketch, FIGMA, Invision, Zeplin, Axure, Web flow, UX Pin, Crafts and other plugins.
- Strong expertise and experience in following UX areas: UX writing, Visual communication, User empathy, Analysis.
- Strong expertise and experience in following UI areas: Interaction design, Branding, typography and colour theory, Wireframing and prototyping, Style guides, Icon designing
- Good knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/Sass/Less, front-end scripting (js, jquery etc), design methodologies and frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation etc. Should be able to deliver pixel perfect HTML/CSS templates based on UX Mockups.
- Good knowledge on web and mobile platforms is must. Ability to come up with concepts that apply to hybrid apps for web and mobile reducing separate development efforts will be key.
- Interest and understanding of technology, front-end development, and data visualization.
- Experience working on engineering products is a plus.
- Ability to learn and understand domain concepts and apply to the design.
- Passionate about design and up to date with the current trends. Always on a lookout to bringing new concepts and excellent designs to the table.
- It will be a valuable addition if you have experience and knowledge working for energy, oil & gas or engineering industries.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passionate for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Ability/willingness to take end-to-end responsibility of work with an attitude that “Nothing is too big or too small” to make a valuable contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to participate actively in team activities.
- Strongly believe in commitment to ownership and cause of business and team by aligning with the leadership and management.
- The enthusiasm to be curious and learn technology / domain expertise on demand to help increase the collective knowledge in the team.
- Strongly believe in earning reputation and respect through consistence demonstration of work, skills and attitude.
- Assertive, confident & results-oriented.
We Value You
At Kongsberg Digital we have a lot to offer. An exciting career and the possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers. Challenging opportunities with possibilities of career development in an environment that is flexible and fosters technical excellence. We offer top in the Industry benefits and competitive compensation and stand for diversity and inclusion.
Be a part of our digital transformation. Apply through LinkedIn, today.