Senior SW Engineer Navigation R&D
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our navigation software team. The team is responsible for development and maintenance of core navigation software utilized in our marine robots.
You will be part of the Marine Robotics department, who design, create, and build autonomous underwater vehicles and autonomous unmanned surface vessels that can explore from the sea surface and down to 6000 meters below. Our vehicles can operate alone for days and weeks at a time, gathering information about the seafloor, the water, and objects in the water. We create and integrate advanced sensors for information gathering, maritime navigation, and communication.
The Marine Robotics software group is responsible for the whole stack, ranging from sensor integration and vessel control to mission planning, control and monitoring as well as acquisition, visualization, and analysis of recorded data.
More information on our products can be found at http://www.unmanned-survey.com and www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/marine-robotics.
The core navigation software consists of a real-time and a post-processing navigation system. The main responsibilities are core navigation algorithms, sensor integration, and system integration. The team is closely involved in system production in matters of the navigation system. You will join a team of navigation software experts, that together create one of the world’s leading navigation solutions for marine robots. You will be responsible for the delivery of technical results within the team’s area. On a day-to-day basis you will be involved in software system design, specification, development, implementation, test, and analysis. You will have the opportunity to join our operators on sea trials in the Oslo fjord in order to test and verify new developments.
The technologies you will be working with
- Modern C++ and Python/MATLAB
- Linux and Windows
- Navigation systems
- Acoustic and inertial navigation sensors
We do not expect that you master all the items on the list above, but we hope that you are eager to learn more about these technologies. We are looking for a software engineer with a solid industrial development background, that can complement the team’s navigation experts.
What more we can offer you
- A competitive salary and benefit packages, good pension and insurance scheme.
- Flexible work hours and holiday arrangements.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Good development opportunities in an international environment.
- An inspiring work environment with the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Although we can't offer you
table soccer or a ping-pong table, we would like to offer you cooperation with our skiers, cyclists, musicians, runners, weight lifters, video gamers, hobby gardeners, boat owners, hikers, photographers, and all other sorts of people that together make up the Marine Robotics department at Kongsberg Maritime.
- A master’s degree or higher within cybernetics, mathematics, computer science, or similar. Experience can compensate for a degree.
- C++ programming experience. Knowledge of modern C++ is highly beneficial.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- It is beneficial with experience within one or more of the following areas: Real-time programming and navigation systems.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority.
Our offices are in Horten, and we can offer flexible solutions.
Points of contact
Stian Skaalvik Sandøy, Team Manager
Tommy Jansson, Software Developer Manager
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication