Do you like technical challenges? Are you flexible and team orientated?
Senior Software Engineer (KM 19-148) KM Subsea - Underwater Mapping
Kongsberg Maritime Subsea is an established technology provider for the scientific research, oil & gas exploration, and maritime engineering sectors. It offers an extensive, diverse portfolio of cutting-edge hydroacoustic survey equipment including sonar, single and multibeam echo sounders for all depths, in addition to positioning technology, sophisticated underwater vehicles, data analysis tools and subsea cameras, sensors and instruments.
Kongsberg Maritime Subsea also works closely with leading research institutes and organisations, providing ‘Integrated Systems for Research Vessels’ which enable advances in the fields of hydrography and underwater positioning for scientific and commercial applications. The company is also committed to leveraging its subsea expertise to develop new solutions for ‘offshore aquaculture’ and environmental monitoring systems that support the oil & gas industry to minimise the impact of operations in environmentally sensitive locations.
Kongsberg Maritime Subsea deliveries are tailored to customer requirements and benefit from high quality design and manufacturing. Kongsberg Maritime Subsea solutions cover all aspects of technology on the seabed, in the water, and on a wide variety of vessels involved in hydrographic and seismic survey, offshore support applications and maritime construction.
We are currently developing the next generation of multibeam echo-sounders and high resolution synthetic aperture sonars (SAS), and are looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior System Developer to work in our Underwater Mapping department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Enjoy the role as technical lead in software team
- Specifications of new functionality and interfaces
- Design, implementation and test our software products
- Work on systems architecture roadmap
- Engineer (Bachelor/Master) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Signal Processing or similar
- Several years of experience from object-oriented software development and agile methods
- Flexible, creative and solution-oriented
- Good cooperation skills
- Fluency in English
- World leading technology
- Excellent personal and technical challenges
- Competitive salary and working conditions
- Informal, creative and positive working environment
- Highly qualified and motivated co-workers who share their knowledge and experience with you