Senior Sales Manager – Perception Systems
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
Kongsberg Seatex is looking for a high-performing Senior Sales Manager for the market segment within Perception Systems for maritime and military users. The Senior Sales Manager will work closely with other Sales Managers, Product Adviser, Product Manager, and Marketing to provide dealers, OEM customers and end-users with Situational Awareness and radar products and solutions for their operational requirements. You will be involved in demonstrations, technical sales, and negotiations worldwide for Kongsberg Situational Awareness and Radar product families.
You can read more about our products here: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/situational-awareness/
The position is well suited for a person with an entrepreneurial mindset, likes travelling and interacting with customers. You will join an experienced team, and together we are responsible for maximizing our sales potential. The right person will also look for cross selling other products in our portfolio as part of meeting the customer demand.
- Meet sales targets for the area of responsibility
- Search and select for new dealership representation for relevant product line to expand sales network
- To create and maintain customer relationship
- Develop sales and customer strategies for our products and solutions
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives
- Preparation of quotations and manage contract negotiations
- Coordinate customer activities with sales resources within KONGSBERG.
- Order intake budget, prognoses short and long term.
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Arranging and attending industry conferences and events.
- Education at degree level within relevant subject.
- Sales and marketing experience from the maritime industry.
- Knowledge about maritime positioning, navigation, and communication technology.
- Experience in customer negotiation, sales and commercial processes.
- Good communication skills in English.
You are able to
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Preferred to be Trondheim, but other KM locations in Europe can be considered
Point of contact
Vidar Bjørkedal, VP Sales and Customer Support, Kongsberg Seatex, phone +47 90137390
Kongsberg Seatex is a company within the Sensors and Robotics division in Kongsberg Maritime. Kongsberg Seatex develop and produce world class products for positioning, navigation and communication comprising GNSS, inertial, radar and electro-optical sensors and technology. We focus on further development of product-oriented businesses and operations based on a strong technology platform.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace