Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a determined and collaborative Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Subsea & Special Purpose team. With us, you will contribute to developing new and exciting products for a variety of niches within the ocean space and renewables markets. We develop, deliver and maintain automated handling systems for deployment of manned and unmanned equipment and vehicles. We think you have a degree in Mechanical engineering and experience from the maritime industry, working with 3D-design, projects and interaction with customers.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
- Lead development of new products, systems and concepts
- Tender engineering with customer focus and interaction
- Multi-discipline collaboration
- Execute and coordinate customer deliveries
- Contribute to team; socially and professionally
Qualifications and experience
- BSc or MSc within mechanical engineering
- Strong competence within mechanical 3D-design
- Experience with system integration
- Experience from working with project execution and customer interaction
- Experience from maritime industry is an advantage
- Commercial mindset
You are able to
- Develop new and innovative ideas and concepts, as well as combine & convert existing solutions into new applications
- Analyse complex issues and suggest solutions
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Comply with company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
Joining our small, but highly skilled and motivated team, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Anniken Huse - Team Lead Engineering, +47 922 47 827
Johnny Aarseth – Vice President Subsea & Special Purpose, +47 930 23 940
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication