Senior Field Service Engineer, DMMC
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Senior Field Service Engineer, Deck Machinery and Motion Control, reporting to Deck Machinery and Motion Control Regional Director – Americas. In this role, you will be working with DMMC mechanical and hydraulic systems services, commissioning and upgrades related to the product portfolio. The ideal candidate is reliable, willing to work collaboratively with cross functional teams, and dedicated to deliver excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Work as part of a team to repair maritime equipment and systems to meet specifications and tolerances;
- Check dimensions and clearance to assure equipment condition is according to specification;
- Carry out tests and inspections according to standards;
- Read drawings, schemes, diagrams and technical specification in order to determine the methodology and disassembly/assembly sequence;
- Inspect, analyze, register the results of calibration and present maintenance and technical reports;
- Report progress and issues to the closest Supervisor;
- Attend product training as required;
- Assure that the job will be carried out according to the procedures and legal instructions applicable and from the Business, including Health, Safety and Environment policies;
Qualifications and experience
- Degree level or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical discipline related to Mechanics & Hydraulics
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position
- In depth knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics
- Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language.
- Microsoft package user level
- Experience and interest to develop on Electric/Electronic and Control System skills is a huge advantage
- Availability to travel (domestic and international) to attend service and training in planned or short notice demands including weekends and holidays, whenever required.
- Technical/Functional knowledge
- Organization expertise / Cross boundary working
- Team building
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to
- Balance and manage quickly changing, customer driven priorities
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Make an impact, convince, and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
What we can offer
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
Expected Pay Range
$33 - $39/hr (eligible for overtime)
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.