Senior Engineer Systems Design
We have two exciting positions as Senior Engineer Systems Design in Kongsberg Maritime, one for Fishery and Special Purpose vessels and for Seaborn and Pax vessels.
In our Systems Design and Integration department we compose system solutions for a variety of vessel types based on equipment from Kongsberg Maritime and selected partners. We follow the project from concept and sales phase through integration engineering and delivery to the vessel owner.
Through product knowledge and knowledge of the vessel segment, you answer to high customer expectations with state-of-the-art technology demonstrating solutions meeting demanding requirements for sustainability, reliability, and efficiency. Join us as a Senior Engineer Systems Design solving complex and exciting challenges!
Candidates will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
- Design Integrated Solutions in the Kongsberg Maritime scope in close cooperation with Customers, Sales team, and product experts
- Technical clarifications, secure systems integrity and prepare the package for contract and delivery are central tasks in this role
- Use knowledge of Marine System and create future oriented solutions with Kongsberg Maritime products
Qualifications and experience:
- Master or bachelor’s degree in a technical subject, naval or electrical engineering
- Experience from ship or system design, operation of ships or commissioning and service
- Engagement for sustainability as well as knowledge of class and authority rules
- Willingness to travel
This employment requires security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. The successful candidate may start work with limited accesses whilst the clearance is being processed. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
Hjørungavåg or Ålesund. Other Kongsberg Maritime locations will be considered
Point of contact
Hans Martin Hjørungnes, +47 901 97 985
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication