Senior Engineer, Regulatory Requirements
Are you our new Senior Engineer for Regulatory Requirements?
The System Integrity Team in Kongsberg Maritime supports the successful delivery of remote controlled and autonomous vessels as well as other novel technologies to the business. Our role is to work across mechanical, electrical, digital and automation integration layers, and support the business with development of philosophy documents, Concepts of Operation, regulatory update, FMEA and HAZID.
Are you interested to work with the development of new technologies and to deliver on integrated solutions? Do you want to work with alternative design process and challenge flag administration on existing rules?
- Interpret rules and regulations and describe viable technical solutions
- Development of various documents
- Establish a professional relationship with internal and external customers
- Cooperate closely with flag administration
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant technical or nautical subject area
- Experience working with class society, flag administration or owners
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Norwegian and English
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer flexible working hours
Kongsberg Maritime locations in Norway: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/contact/our-offices/
Point of contact
Claudia Hessen, Team Lead, +47 976 09 159
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication