Senior Electrical Engineers
We are seeking highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineers to join the division Integrated Solutions which is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. These positions are central for our project deliveries and you will be part of the process from contract to hand-over to the customer. We are looking for candidates who is interested in working with new technology in an innovative, hectic and demanding international environment.
KONGSBERG have built a solid and exciting professional environment within electrical systems. Our solutions for the international markets in Marine, Offshore, and Oil & Gas are among the most advanced in the maritime industry. The Kongsberg product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Preparation of electrical philosophies, technical specification, functional description and design documentation according to customer specifications, regulations, standards and class requirements.
- Discipline Lead of an international technical project team
- Follow-up of subcontractors in design phase
- Follow-up of subcontractors on yards
- IAT, FAT, planning and execution
- Participate as advisor at Mechanical Completion and Commissioning
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering
- Experience from project organizations within the maritime sector
- Extensive experience with maritime electrical systems
- Experience from projects involving international customers
- English fluently verbally and in writing
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourages team.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
This position requires some travel activities to follow up our projects worldwide
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Sandefjord Torp or other Kongsberg Maritime locations in Norway.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication