Senior Electrical Engineer – Discipline Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen! We are looking for a Project Electrical Engineer in Kongsberg Maritime, with experience within maritime system solutions and power energy conversion. Our department is responsible for project delivery for all Kongsberg's Electro products and solutions.
KONGSBERG have built a solid and exciting professional environment within electrical systems. Our solutions for the international markets in Marine, Offshore, and Oil & Gas are among the most advanced in the maritime industry.
The Kongsberg product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
- Preparation of electrical philosophies, technical specification, functional description, and design documentation according to customer specifications, regulations, standards, and class requirements.
- Discipline Lead of a technical project team
- Follow-up the deliveries including subcontractors in design phase
- Follow-up the deliveries including subcontractors on yards
- FAT, planning and execution
- Participate as advisor at Mechanical Completion and Commissioning
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or power electronics and experience from projects within the maritime sector involving international customers
- Able to demonstrate experience with Lead of engineering, following-up and commissioning of maritime electrical systems
- Proficient written and spoken skills in English
You are able to
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Practically oriented and see solutions when facing a challenge
- Be proactive, follow a structured approach and focus on safety
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
What we can offer
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- We offer flexible working hours and the option to work remote or from home office
Croatia (Rijeka, Pula)
Point of contact
Marin Reljic, Department Manager, +385 51 581 667
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication