Senior Data Scientist & AI Expert
Join our dynamic team as a passionate Senior Data Scientist and AI Expert! If you thrive on being a key player in advancing data-driven in a top tech company, Kongsberg Maritime (KM) is the place for you. You will be collaborating closely with diverse disciplines across the company, leveraging your experience to harness extensive data and optimize KM operations. You will have the opportunity to influence the data and tech strategies along with business. As a pivotal member of our team, you’ll make a significant impact on the forefront of cutting-edge innovation. Seize this opportunity to shape the future of data science with us!
The position will be part of the core Data Office team reporting to the Chief Data Officer. The Data Office is a key function at Kongsberg Maritime established to support Digitalization and to further improve Business Outcomes through Strategic Use of Data. The function is part of Strategic IT & Internal Digitalization. Strategically, the function defines priorities related to use of data supporting business opportunities/ increased revenue generation and innovates to support KM’s Digital Business Transformation. Operationally, the team will be responsible for overseeing a range of data-related functions covering Data & Analytics, Data Science, Master Data Management, Process Automation, Application Integration, Data Quality and Data Governance.
At KONGSBERG, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet every requirement. Research shows that women and minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Your unique perspective is valuable to us. Your skills, attitude and perspective could be exactly what we are looking for!
- Define AI/ Data Science roadmap
- Communicate and anchor AI/ Data Science in the company
- Provide support for and take charge of the governance process
- Develop and implement generative AI , advanced data analytics, machine learning, and statistical models to solve complex problems and drive innovation
- Collaborate with Data Scientists in the divisions, implement a federated operation model for the Data Scientists
- Manage the full lifecycle of data science projects from ideation to deployment
- Stay abreast of industry trends and advancements in data science
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in data science, advanced- analytics, or a related role
- Proficiency in data science tools and programming languages (e.g., Python, R, SQL)
- Experience in machine learning, predictive modelling, and statistical analysis
- Good understanding of the Copilot platform, coupled with the skill to implement effective solutions
- Ability to manage activities and projects - strong execution skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with cloud and different data management systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in English, both in written and verbal form.
- Good understanding of cyber security tools
You are able to
- Develop a high-reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer flexible working hours
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
- Social welfare club with social and recreational activities
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
KM Locations in Norway or Alicante (Spain)
Point of contact
Sajid Rafiq – Chief Data Officer
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We are determined in our work to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet