Senior C++ Software Engineer – Remote Operation Solutions
Are you interested to build software for remote controlled and autonomous maritime vessels? We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer with a genuine passion for software craftmanship. You will find your permanent role within our growing inhouse software development team developing modern systems for Remote Operation Centre’s within Kongsberg Maritime, Remote Operation Solutions team in Turku.
As part of the team you will participate in all software development phases spanning technical planning, design, implementation, review and verification in an agile workflow. As a senior developer you can highly affect the software development practices within the team.
- Develop and maintain core modules related to the Remote Operation Center
- Design, implement and test solutions in an agile manner
- Participate in technical work in system to system maritime integrations
- Enhance the software development process and practices together with the team
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- Relevant M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering, technology or other suitable area, or equivalent technical capability based on practical knowledge and experience
- Solid experience in C++ development
- Strong technical expertise in software engineering
- Knowledge of modern C++ development practices
- Experience in developing in Linux environments
- Good peer communication skills in English
- Agile, pragmatic and iterative work approach for short feedback loops
- Appreciation of good test automation
Desired additional skills
- Knowledge about maritime industry
- Experience in devops practices
- Finnish and Swedish/Norwegian communication skills
- Azure DevOps knowledge
- Docker knowledge
Work location: Turku, Finland
More about us
KONGSBERG is a global technology powerhouse delivering mission-critical solutions with extreme performance for extreme conditions. We work with nations, businesses and research environments to push the boundaries of technology development. Remote Operation Solutions is part of Kongsberg Maritime’s large and global Ship Intelligence team.
To apply, please leave your CV and application by the 2.12.2020, at the latest.
For more information, please contact Mr. Jonas Granvik, Lead Software Engineer, Remote Operation Solutions at +358 40 547 3336 on 19.11.2020 or 26.11.2020 between 12.00 - 16.00.
We offer unique positions in the challenging field of global maritime business with
excellent development opportunities. Come and join the team in creating new technologies for the future.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication