Senior Application Engineer - Electrical Drives
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Our Energy Products business unit provides a complete portfolio of electrification, drives -and energy storage products for marine applications. The new K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives, batteries with a unique approach to energy management and integration with overall vessel control. We aim to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Senior Application Engineer - Electrical Drives reporting to the Product Manager – Drives in the Energy department. In this role, you should characterize yourself as a self-driven integrator in our organization. You show a strong collaborative mindset and effective communication skills, providing domain area expertise towards colleagues and customers. Travel is to be expected in this position.
- Application software development of marine drives
- Support Sales & Marketing in assessing, capturing and addressing customers’ requirements
- Advise and support project delivery and customer support organizations on delivery projects and service jobs
- Ensure high-quality product technical documentation
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science within automation, electrical engineering or other relevant fields
- Several years of experience from variable frequency drives
- Knowledge in PLC application programming and marine regulations of electrical installations
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
You are able to
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification
- An international, dynamic and innovative workplace where you are encouraged to share your knowledge
- A collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions
- Competence development within multiple fields and disciplines
- We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme
Kongsberg (Carpus), Horten (Bekkajordet) or Bergen (Godvik).
Point of contact
Technical Product Manager, Drive - Tomas Lagerfelt: +47 93038138. For questions, we kindly ask that you send a text message.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication